Technical Barrier to Trade (TBT)
It is an agreement in General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade (GATT) which regulates the obstacles in relation to technical regulation, standard and conformity assessment. The purpose is to prevent the excessive use of standard and technical regulations (technical obstacles).
Sanitary and Phytosanitar (SPS)
it refers to any actions implement to protect the life or health of human, animal, and plants.
Things should be understood by the exporters in relation to the standards before conducting export activities are:
- Standard requirements and technical regulations apply in destination country of export as well as public requirements.
- Accredited laboratory with the scope and capability in accordance with the standards in the destination country which is recognized by the authority in the destination country of export.
- Competence and accredited certification institution, and is recognized by the authority of the destination country of export.
- Competence inspection institution, and is recognized by the authority of the destination country of export.
- Metrology of traceability