To encourage an increase in non-oil exports, the Government has given Primaniyarta Award (Primaniyarta Award) since 1992 to the high-performing non-oil exporters. The provision of this award was stopped in the period 1998 to 2001 because of the economic crisis, and then was resumed in 2002 until now.
In 2004, a remedial study was carried out by the Directorate General of National Export Development (DGNED) in collaboration with the Graduate Program in Management Science, Faculty of Economics, University of Indonesia. Based on the results of these studies, as well as input from various parties, the Primaniyarta award uses 4 (four) categories, which are:
- High-performance exporter
- Global brand developer
- Export SMEs.
- Pioneer to the new market Exporter
For the implementation of the Primaniyarta award, DGNED is collaborating with the Department of Industry and Trade in Indonesia, Self Magazine and Metro TV as media partner, to capture the companies/exporters participated in Primaniyarta award. Selection of the exporter for Primaniyarta award is implemented through 3 (three) stages:
- Selection of Administrative documents completeness held by the Directorate General of PEN, Ministry of Commerce as the Primaniyarta Award Organizing Committee.
- Selection of Administration and competence to determine Finalists/nominees of Primaniyarta Award is conducted by the Evaluation Team, comprised of representatives from the Directorate General of PEN, the Directorate General of Taxes, the Directorate General of Customs and Excise, Directorate General for Development of Industrial Relations and Social Security of Labor, Directorate General of Intellectual Property Rights (HKI), State Minister of Environment, Bank Indonesia (BI) and the experts who have competence in the field.
- Selection of determining Primaniyarta award recipients exporters is conducted by Independent Jury-member team from government, practitioners, analysts, academics, journalists, Chamber of Commerce, Associations, etc.